Create a Tranquil, Romantic Bedroom in Time for Valentine’s DaySeptember 15, 2019
Valentine’s Day is only a week away. Let’s face it, our bedrooms look more like a disaster area than a place of rest and romance.
Most of us hide our clutter in our bedroom because it’s the last place people will look. The truth is that this clutter keeps us from being able to relax and get a better night’s sleep. Here are six steps to creating an atmosphere for rest and maybe even a little romance in time by Valentine’s Day:
* Go around and collect all of the dirty laundry- including the sheets on the bed-and start a load in the washer. Keep doing laundry while you are working on the other steps. Make sure there is a hamper in the room, bathroom or closet and that laundry always goes there and never on the floor.
* Go around and collect any trash or recycling and take it out. Make sure you have a trash can in the bedroom and that when it gets full, it is emptied.
* Collect any items that don’t belong in the bedroom and put them in an “elsewhere” box. You can put them in the appropriate room when you are finished. You don’t want to get distracted by leaving the room.
* Fold and put away all clean laundry as soon as it comes out of the dryer. Folding it when it is still warm keeps you from having to iron as much. Also, you don’t have unfolded laundry around reminding you that your work is never done.
* Deal with the clutter in the room on every surface and the floors. Does it really need to go in the bedroom? If so, make sure it is organized. Craft projects should be organized and stored in a container in the closet or under the bed so that you are not reminded of unfinished projects when you are supposed to be sleeping. Display a few pictures and knickknacks that you enjoy, but not more than you want to dust or so much that it is not peaceful.
* Now that the floors and surfaces are clear, give the room a good cleaning and put the sheets back on the bed.
Enjoy a restful, romantic night. You deserve it!
Cathy Bates is a Professional Organizer and owner of Practical Solutions Professional Organizing and a Golden Circle Member of the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO). They offer hands on organizing help for homes and offices. To find out more about how they can assist you, contact them at www.psorganizing.com or call (909)810-3719 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting(909)810-3719end_of_the_skype_highlighting.