Creating a Great Office at HomeMay 8, 2020
Never before have so many adults worked in their homes. Some run businesses from home while others are engaged in academic work in pursuit of an online degree or certificate.
Because so much work…academic and professional…is now done at home, it is important for most of us to have a home office in which you can work most efficiently.
That is why it is so surprising that very few people take the time to create a good workspace for themselves. If you are one of those people, here are some things to think about.
1. If your home is large enough, select a quiet room as your office. A room with a door will serve you better than an open or doorless room.
2. Your first concerns should be a first class reading light and a chair in which you can sit comfortably for as long as two or three hours at a time.
3. Remember that inexpensive desks can be purchased at several of the office supply chains, at flea markets, and from the classifieds. You should find lots of affordable options.
4. Don’t forget a high end surge protector for your computer, printer, and other electronic devices.
5. Are you enrolled in an online college or do you produce frequent documents for your work? If so, be sure you use a good external hard drive so your documents and data will not be lost.
It doesn’t take much time or effort to create a great home office for yourself. And, isn’t it worth a little effort to wind up with a comfortable space in which you can work productively?