Creating a Great Office at HomeMay 6, 2020
Never before have so many adults worked in their homes. Some run businesses from home while others are engaged in academic work in pursuit of an online degree or certificate.
That being the case, it makes sense for most families to have an in-home office in which they can work at maximum efficiency.
So, it’s surprising that more people have not created a good in-home workspace for themselves. If you are in that large group, here are a few tips.
1. If your home is large enough, select a quiet room as your office. A room with a door will serve you better than an open or doorless room.
2. Whatever else you do, be sure that your office includes a comfortable (but not too comfortable) chair and a good reading light.
3. A good desk used to be expensive. Now, stores like Target and Office Max sell inexpensive, easy assembly desks. You can also find bargains in the business classifieds.
4. Don’t forget a high end surge protector for your computer, printer, and other electronic devices.
5. As further protection from data loss, purchase and back up all your work on a high quality external hard drive. If you are a traditional student, an online college student, or if you compose lengthy documents, you can’t afford to be without one.
It doesn’t take much time or effort to create a great home office for yourself. And, isn’t it worth a little effort to wind up with a comfortable space in which you can work productively?