More adults than ever work at home. And, many are simultaneously enrolled in an online degree program.
With all the working and studying people do in their homes, their lives can be made much easier if they have the kind of home office that allows them to be most productive.
That is why it is so surprising that very few people take the time to create a good workspace for themselves. If you are one of those people, here are some things to think about.
1. A whole room dedicated to being a workspace is ideal. If possible, it should be a room in which you can ensure quiet when you need it. Don’t forget that many folks have created great offices in garages and basements.
2. Your first concerns should be a first class reading light and a chair in which you can sit comfortably for as long as two or three hours at a time.
3. A good desk used to be expensive. Now, stores like Target and Office Max sell inexpensive, easy assembly desks. You can also find bargains in the business classifieds.
4. Don’t forget a high end surge protector for your computer, printer, and other electronic devices.
5. As further protection from data loss, purchase and back up all your work on a high quality external hard drive. If you are a traditional student, an online college student, or if you compose lengthy documents, you can’t afford to be without one.
It doesn’t take much time or effort to create a great home office for yourself. And, isn’t it worth a little effort to wind up with a comfortable space in which you can work productively?