Here are 6 ways to spruce up your home just in time for spring.
1. Doormats are the one item that welcomes your guest and stops the dirt from entering the house, so make sure u keep them clean. Washing them on regular basis can help it work more efficiently.
2. Wash walls, cabinets, baseboards, and woodwork. The wall may look clean but be rest-assured that there is enough dirt on the wall that it requires a seasonal or a pre-holiday cleaning. Usage of sponge makes it easy to reach higher spots. Use two buckets, one with a washing detergent and the other wringing the sponge. Washing the surface in sections can be done. Make sure you dry the walls and woodwork with a clean cloth.
3. Use of the vacuum cleaner correctly is necessary. Past method says that all the furniture should be off the carpet so that complete carpet is accessible. The new method says to move the furniture to a little left or right, clean the accessible area that is under the furniture and then put it back.
4. Ceiling fixtures are to be cleaned by a cloth and a vacuum cleaner. They include fans and air-conditioners etc.
5. Light fixtures are necessary to be cleaned as that does bring new light in your life. Usage of simple few things such as a stepladder, sponge, polish cloth and extended-reach dust-and-dirt-removal tools that are easily available in the local store are advisable. It is advisable to use a stepladder if your home has high ceiling or skylights.
6. The condenser coil of the refrigerator can be tough to clean but necessary, the reason being the dust that is gathered on the coil can shut down the unit causing it to overheat.
The coil which is usually found behind the fridge can be cleaned by using a long-handled bottle brush and a vacuum cleaner with the correct attachment.
If the area behind the refrigerator is not accessible you can simple pull the refrigerator out a few feet and clean it. Remember to clean the floor immediately after replacing the refrigerator.