Read This Before You Start Spring Cleaning Your HomeApril 6, 2020 Off By Jimmy Stroud
Follow these simple guidelines to get your home fresh and ready for the season.
1. Doormats are the one item that welcomes your guest and stops the dirt from entering the house, so make sure u keep them clean. Washing them on regular basis can help it work more efficiently.
2. Washing walls, cabinets, baseboards, and woodwork. The wall may look clean but be rest-assured that there is enough dirt on the wall that it requires a seasonal or a pre-holiday cleaning.
3. The vacuum cleaner must be used correctly. Grandmas theory says that all the furniture should be off the carpet so the vacuum can run thru the complete carpet. And the new method says to move the furniture to a little left or right, clean the accessible area that was under the furniture and then put it back. The choice is yours to select.
4. Ceiling fixtures are to be cleaned by a cloth and a vacuum cleaner. They include fans and air-conditioners etc.
5. Cleaning your light fixtures is necessary as that does bring new light in your life. Use of simple few things can make cleaning light fixture easy. Using a stepladder, sponge, polish cloth and extended-reach dust-and-dirt-removal tools, which are easily available at your local hardware store are advisable.
6. One of the toughest corners in a house is to reach behind refrigerator to clean the condenser coil. Usually it can be cleaned by using a long-handled bottle brush and a vacuum cleaner with an attachment hose. The dust that gets collected on the coil can shut down the unit causing it to overheat.
The reason being the dirt that builds up can shut it down. Use a long-handled bottle brush and a vacuum cleaner with an attachment hose to remove dust.
You can find some coins, bottle caps or twisted ties that you may have knocked over in the past year.