I have lost more necklaces to the un-organized knot that they became because I did not learn how to organize them. I knew there needed to be an easier way to organize my necklaces while still not spending as much on the organizer as all the necklaces themselves! Here are some clever, cute, and INEXPENSIVE ideas so you never need to “lose” your best necklace again.
* Tie Racks! You can also go as far as to get one to organize even more by color…gold, silver, misc. I found some super cheap tie racks (automated too!) on ebay and amazon for an extremely reasonable price.
* Toothbrush holder – I had one which was included with the bathroom and was cemented on the wall! There was no way I was hanging my toothbrush there, but….works so excellent for hanging my most used necklaces!
* Suction Cup Hooks. Putting all of these around the outline of your mirror works great for keeping your necklaces organized and detangled.
* Jewels inside a Jar – By using a large Spaghetti jar with a cork top, I was able to put some small hooks on the cork so that I could hang the necklaces in the jar. The necklaces don’t tangle and I can view them before I pick!
* Coat Hanger – this one gets tricky is your closet is full, but basically you’re hanging your necklaces on this. I loosely wrap a ribbon around so the necklaces don’t slide into each other and get tangled. Even while using ribbon, this is a super cheap and effective option.
* Use your existing bathroom shelf. By unfolding paper clips and attaching them to the edge of your existing shelf, it is possible to hang your necklaces on the clips to get easy viewing and organization.
* Flower Vases – By using an unfolded paperclip along side edge, it provides you with a very pretty display of your necklaces. I like to keep mine loaded with flowers too!
These are some wonderfully pretty ways to organize your necklaces and stop the fatalities of your necklace to the unforgiving knots!
Before you buy anything online, make sure you check Paul Stevens’ excellent buyers’ guide on jewelry organizers.