How To Make Every Day a Fresh StartJune 27, 2019
“Intentions compressed into words enfold magical power. “
– Deepak Chopra
It does not have to be January 1st to give yourself a chance to make the most out of your day – and your life. Every day is a new day and a fresh start to learn, grow, develop your strengths, heal yourself from past regrets or hurts, and move forward older and wiser. Every day gives you a chance to reinvent yourself, to fine-tune who you are, and build on lessons of what you have learned. It is never too late to change things that are not working in your life and switch gears, instead of thinking in the same old ways, hoping for a different outcome.
Be nimble, be flexible, and keep and open mind to start each day anew! Flexibility is the key!
Ask yourself: How do you wake up each day? Do you start your day going already feeling pressured and rushed? Do you go through the morning routine without much thought at all, doing what you “have to do” to start your day?
How about starting each new day with a moment to stop, breathe and think of a positive intention for the day.
Think not just what you want to DO, but how you want to BE today?
Each day is a new beginning and a blank slate. How would you like to create your day? Think of it as a blank canvas – what would you like to paint on it. What can you create? If you wake up in a negative mindset, you are more likely to paint a dark picture throughout the day, and your canvas will not reflect hope, happiness and joy.
If you take each day to think positively, and have a positive intention for how you would like to create your day, how would your life be different? What positive outcome can reflect your positive intention?
What can daily positive intentions do for you?
- Every day you will give yourself the gift of an “attitude of gratitude.”
- Visualizing how you would like your day will help release positive energy from within you and you will attract more positive energy from those around you.
- Instead of spinning your wheels in an old way of thinking, each day is a chance to reframe and re-look at things in a different way.
- You can experience each day an awe in the beauty and creation of the world – and the beauty of you who is in it!
- You find yourself shifting from an “”I can’t mindset” to an “I can” mindset.”
- With a focus on positive intentions, you feel more empowered and more like a “victor” than a “victim.”
- You are more mindful of the present, and will be more likely to live fully in the present each moment of each day. After all, the past is a great place to visit, but you don’t want to live there!
So how about starting each day taking a moment to think of a positive intention for the day? Each morning, write it down and reflect each evening on how you did!
Here are examples of Positive Intentions:
“Today I would like to replace my feelings of annoyance towards my co-worker to feelings of acceptance.”
“I am looking forward today to focusing on what I am grateful for in my life, rather than what is missing, and express gratefulness to others.”
“Today I want to slow my life down and take time to savor the moment, especially with my children”
Using each day to recommit yourself to positive thinking and intention will help you create the life you want and that you deserve!
Judy Belmont, MS., LPC is a media mental health expert, a wellness speaker and corporate trainer, and the co-author of “The Swiss Cheese Theory of Life: How To Get Through Life’s Holes Without Getting Stuck In Them!” Her web site is www.judybelmont.com