How to Naturally Improve Eyesight and Stop Wearing Glasses ForeverSeptember 4, 2012
Millions upon millions of people suffer from vision problems, including myopia, hyperopia, blurry eyesight, computer vision syndrome, astigmatism, and more. Rather than teaching them how to naturally improve eyesight, doctors’ orders are typically glasses, contacts, or surgery. It’s all pretty standard, but there are those of us who just aren’t satisfied with standard.
While glasses and contacts help people to live with bad eyesight, they do nothing to actually improve eyesight. As for Lasik surgery, I couldn’t force myself to take such a big risk with my sight when there are so many natural ways to improve vision.
How to Naturally Improve Eyesight
1. Remove your glasses or contacts. Eyeglasses and contacts are somewhat like crutches. If you use them all the time, you continuously lose the ability to function without them. That doesn’t mean you should stumble around with blurry eyesight, it just means you should use your eyes without the crutch when possible. For example, if you can easily see things that are close to you (nearsightedness), try reading and writing with your glasses off. If you’re farsighted, take the lenses off whenever you’re not reading or writing. This will strengthen lazy eye muscles, thereby improving your eyesight.
2. Stop staring. It’s easy to get so involved in your work on the computer screen that you sit there staring for hours at a time, but this is a major cause of eyestrain and vision problems. Remember to blink often, let your eyes glance back and forth at a variety of objects, and look away momentarily instead of staring at the same thing for too long. This includes the T.V., computer screens, or even a spot on the wall.
3. Change your monitor. The glare on televisions and monitors is another cause of damaging eyestrain. There are 2 easy ways you can reduce the glare problem and improve eyesight. First, make sure all screened devices are turned at a 90 degree angle away from windows. Second, invest in flat screen technology and use anti-glare filters wherever possible.
4. Water to the rescue. As strange as it may seem, you’re about to learn how to naturally improve eyesight with water. Get started by sipping a bit of cold water and holding it in your mouth. At the same time, wet your hands with cold water and splash it on your closed eyes. To get an even better effect, follow up by opening and closing your eyes with water in the palm of your hands. These water eye exercises improve eyesight by refreshing and soothing your eyes while stimulating blood flow to the area. Repeat them 3 or more times per day.
5. Take care of your head and neck. The condition of your eyes is often directly related to the condition of your head and neck. To improve blood circulation in these areas, perform a variety of relaxing, stimulating neck exercises. One example is to take a deep breath in, lean your head on your left shoulder for 5 seconds. Lift your head to its normal position as you exhale. Repeat this on the right side.
6. Affirm to strengthen eyesight. Whenever you see yourself in the mirror throughout the day, look yourself in the eyes and recite a positive affirmation. An example is, “My eyes are in perfect health and my vision is flawless.”
7. Take off your sunglasses. Most people know that overexposure to the sun can be damaging for eyes, but underexposure is a problem as well. Make sure you don’t wear your sunglasses so often that you deprive your eyes of the nutrients it needs from the sun. Here’s one simple way to use the sun’s rays to improve eyesight: Close your eyes while facing the sun. Gently sway your head from side to side while visualizing something relaxing. Because your eyes need 20 – 30 minutes of sunlight everyday, do this activity 2 – 3 times per day for 10 minutes.
8. Palming. While many eye exercises improve eyesight by working the optical muscles, palming works by resting and relaxing the eyes. After cleaning and drying your hands, rub them together to warm them up. Now, cover the eye with a palm for several minutes, making sure that no light is getting in. Alternate between the left and right eye.
9. Look at what you can’t see. Several times per day, take your glasses off and look at something far in the distance. Focus on the object for several seconds without squinting or straining. This will strengthen eyesight by reducing eye laziness.
10. Eyesight exercises. When used in conjunction with the methods above, eyesight exercises improve vision more effectively than you might ever imagine. If you’re serious about learning how to naturally improve eyesight, plan to dedicate at least 15 minutes each day to the following:
- Close your eyes tightly for 3-5 seconds. Open them for 3-5 seconds. Repeat 7 or 8 times.
- Sit comfortably while looking at the wall directly in front of you. Without moving your head, pretend to write large letters on the wall with your eyes.
- Blink your eyes. Now roll them clockwise, then counter-clockwise. Blink again. Repeat this eye exercise for 3 -5 minutes.
- Sit or stand in a comfortable position. Find 2 objects that you can focus on. One object should be very distant (approximately 150 ft away) and the other should be fairly close to you (approximately 30 feet away). For example, choose a spot on your window and a spot on a tree outside that window. Alternate focusing on the distant object for 15 seconds, followed by the closer object for 15 seconds. Do this as many times as you can in 2 – 3 minutes.
- With one eye closed, slowly form a figure 8 with your head. Do this at a slow and comfortable pace for at least 1 minute with each eye.
- Without blinking the eyes or moving your head, focus on the area above your nose and between your eyebrows. This is sometimes called the “third eye.” After focusing on this area for several seconds, close your eyes and relax. After a few moments of relaxing the eyes, repeat the eye exercise.
- Without blinking or turning your head, look to the left as if to focus on your left shoulder for 10 – 15 seconds. Close your eyes for a few moments and then repeat on the right side. Go back and forth between left focus, relaxation, and right focus as many times as you can in 3 – 5 minutes.
11. Beverages and foods for eyesight. What you eat affects every part of your body, including your eyes. Improving your health and improving eyesight go hand in hand. Here are few examples of the best foods for eyesight improvement.
- Because hydration is critical to eye health, drink the recommended 6 -8 glasses of water per day.
- Drinking vegetable puree or adding it to recipes is an easy way to get the six antioxidants shown to reduce free radical damage and improve eyesight (Lutein, Zeaxanthin, Beta-carotene, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Zinc).
- If you can’t tolerate vegetable puree, just make sure to eat plenty of orange, yellow and dark green vegetables. This includes bell peppers, collard greens, broccoli, squash, spinach and carrots.
- Berries are also filled with antioxidants. Add a handful of strawberries, grapes, cherries, and blueberries to yogurt, cereal, or smoothies. The Vitamin A is extremely beneficial to night vision, which ranks these nutrient packed treats among the top foods for eyesight improvement.
12. Herbs for eyesight. A guide on how to naturally improve eyesight wouldn’t be complete without information on herbal remedies. There are several recommended herbs for eyesight, but I’ll give you just a few of my personal favorites:
- Use the anti-inflammatory herbal tincture Eyebright 2 -3 times per day in an eye cup.
- Add 25 – 30 grams of Triphala in 500 ml of water. Using an eye cup, wash the eyes with this solution.
- Place 2 -4 drops of rose water directly into the eye.
- Use goldenseal and bilberry in the form of herbal teas or liquid tinctures 2 – 3 times daily.
Do you believe there are natural ways to improve vision? Have you had success with eyesight exercises, herbs and foods for eyesight, or other ways to naturally improve vision?
More Alternative Health Information
- Shortcut to Near Perfect 20/20 Vision
- 10 Awesome Natural Remedies from the Doctor Oz Show
- 8 Ways to Look and Feel Better Than You Ever Have
Recent search terms:
- How to stop wearing glasses
- how to remove spectacles permanently naturally
- how to stop wearing glasses naturally
- how to remove spectacles permanently
- how to remove specs permanently
- how to remove spectacles permanently without operation
- how to avoid spectacles
- how to remove specs
- how to remove spectacles
- how to stop using glasses