15 More Ways To Take The Stage And Sharpen Your Public Speaking SkillsDecember 9, 2020
Let’s set things straight. There is absolutely NO way you can learn how to swim or cook from just reading a book or attending a seminar unless you are a genius. Yes?
And there’s a reason why there are still a gazillion number of people who are not rich in spite of the number of books on how to get rich. Yes?
If you have realized by now, the fastest and most effective way in mastering a skill is by DOING it. As the saying goes:
Wisdom is knowing what to do next, skills is knowing how to do it and virtue is doing it.
But Eric, I don’t deliver presentations everyday! No worries, you can still clock stage time if you adopt this insider strategy practiced by many top leaders and speakers in our world.
And here’s the barring truth – champions never turn down stage time. So instead of harping on it, I shall share with you 15 more ways to take the stage and sharpen your public speaking skills. If you have other brilliant ideas, please share them with me under the comments section.
1. Volunteer to emcee at your company’s event or your child’s birthday party
2. Give a toast at your friend’s wedding
3. Ask a question at a conference (during the Q&A session)
4. Join a Toastmasters meeting (speak at the Table Topics segment)
5. Conduct a mini workshop for your friends on a topic that you are an expert on (say cooking)
6. Speak up at your department’s meeting
7. Volunteer to deliver a presentation on behalf of your team in school
8. Attend a business networking event – find opportunities to speak up
9. Say hello to strangers on the way to work or school
10. Volunteer to teach at a non-profit organization
11. Videotaped yourself delivering a speech and then get professional feedback
12. Search for speeches and scripts on youtube and then recreate them.
13. Do a stand up comedy gig (warning: not for the faint hearted)
14. Have a boys or girls night out and take the chance to share some of your juicy stories with them.
15. Attend a public speaking program!
And I have just the right program to recommend you, especially if you are in Singapore!
It’s no ordinary program because it has taken close to a year to develop.
It combines years of experience and wisdom from all my mentors and speech coaches.
The process that we are adopting in this program has been fine-tuned over the past three years, with many success stories to boast of, including mine!
Eric Feng is the go-to guy if you want to learn how to impress your customers, employers and investors through public speaking. Eric has successfully helped over 3000 people to become confident and compelling speakers. To watch FREE videos on how you can unleash the speaker in you and charm your audience in 8 simple steps, go to: www.TakingTheStageNow.com