2 Stages to Preparing for Retirement – Phase 2 Growth StageJuly 27, 2019
2 Stages to Preparing for Retirement – Phase 2 Growth Stage
I have discussed the two stages that everyone goes through when preparing for retirement. Some do it consciously, meaning they are aware of what they are doing, others do it unconsciously, they don’t really think about the process even though it’s happening without them realizing it. Stage 1 is Getting Started; Stage 2 is the Growth Stage. Instead of getting buried in the day-to-day chores and trying to run faster to get more done, I recommend answering the question, “What does it take to have a successful retirement life?”
The solution for this is to think a little ahead of time about what we want our life to look like and build some structure around our activities with a very deliberate plan for designing and building the life we want. Ideally this would mean a life that we work on rather than work in. Or better yet, a high quality life rather than just an existence.
We need to consider what skills and resources will be required. We need to start building systems and a team to give us scalability. And personally the retiree will need to move from a conductor to a participant.
But even before you get to this stage it will help if you have set up a plan that is designed around your strengths and weaknesses and it is here that a connection between your Phase 1 strategy and Phase 2 strategy is so important. The “getting started plan” has the added benefit of having that built-in so you can be sure you will end up with a retirement life that fits you personally and you can grow into with confidence.
- You’ll have a clear idea of your target group of friends, ones you want to spend massive amounts of time with.
- Your experiences will be ranked higher in the eyes of your friends. Some will even ‘envy’ you!
- You’ll generate more choices so you can live the life YOU want.
- You’ll convert more acquaintances into lifetime friends without doing anything (your magnetic personality — along with a few key steps — will do it for you).
- Targeted, fun activities will fill your time.
- You’ll have the fundamental knowledge of a retirement expert.
- Friends and family will be asking you how you transitioned so naturally—like clockwork.
And, you’ll have more experiences and be living your life ‘on purpose’.
It’s all about zeroing in on the right kind of people and experiences you want to surround yourself with. When you speak the right language to the right people, you’ll garner trust and build a base of friends quickly. You learn the difference between networking and social networking…and why doing this is more than just another “way to spend time”. You’ll master…
- How to define your ideal friend and circumstances, so you can communicate a message that motivates others to either commit to spend time with you or meet you at a gathering (no more no-shows).
- The “right” tools to help you so you attract only ideal people to you. Not just freeloaders or people who drain your energy.
- The special power of a strong friendship and the right way to use your power so your light shines through naturally.
- How to get the attention of “influencers” to help you meet new friends, if that’s something you want in your life right now.
- How to properly use the Internet to attract the most sought-after connections…it’s free and it’s powerful.
- How to use a Facebook, MySpace, Twitter and Linkedin profile to build relationships and befriend your type of people, and use them to stay in touch in an authentic way.
- And more powerful social tactics.
Once you zero in on targeting the right activities in life for you, with the right message (one of the most important steps that ensures your success), you’ll begin to attract your ideal life. And loads of fun along with it!
You’ll have the exact fundamentals that my clients and I have used to build our social calendars and lives into huge successes, with just the right amount of ‘me’ time included.
I teach you how to create a targeted purpose for your next stage in life. By learning how to laser target your specific purpose, you’ll get to do exactly what you want to do. No questions about it. We keep the retirement discussion moving because you’re going to learn 5 more powerful ways to finally create the life you want to live…
Having a life that receives multiple opportunities a day is only going to work if you can schedule them and convert them to outstanding experiences, not stress you out because you feel pulled in too many different directions.
Answer the following question: “What does it take to have a successful retirement life?”
Take some time right now to think ahead of time about what you want your life to look like and start taking some steps to build structure around your activities with a very deliberate plan for designing and building the life you want.
Answering these questions provides insight into areas you may need to work on in order to live your ideal retirement life. Together, we help you determine what your ideal life can look like, along with ways to ensure it’s successful for you. You DON’T want to leave it to chance! Contact me for a 15-minute ‘Retirement Strategy Session’ to see if there are ways I can help you. Simply email me at Tracey@NewFaceOfRetirement.com with with “Retirement Strategy” in the subject line, and we’ll set up a time to chat.
This information is based on the original work created by Richard P. Johnson, Ph.D. in his book The New Retirement and the training certification through the Retirement Success Profile (RSP).
Tracey Fieber is founder of “The Secrets to Retirement Success System™”, the most complete Retirement Transition program for executives and small business owners.
Using her own principles, Tracey went from a corporate executive to a retirement filled with adventure, passion and purpose, in less than 8 months!
Tracey is the celebrated author of the Retirement Success Home Study System™, and author of the upcoming book “How to Retire to a Life of Adventure, Passion and Purpose”. Get your free CD “7 Steps to Cracking the Retirement Code”, available on www.NewFaceOfRetirement.com.