How To Be Anxiety FreeJuly 27, 2018
Anxiety and worry can easily consume your life. The feelings of nervousness, apprehension, fear, or worry, if allowed, can take over your life. Constant stress and worry can make you physically sick. The good news is there are ways to help alleviate anxiety.
The first thing you want to do is find out what is causing your stress or anxiety. Is it something you can change? Is it something you have no control over? By finding the source of your anxiety, you have a better chance of overcoming it.
If you’re feeling anxiety about a possible job loss, this is a good example of something you can change. You can begin to work a little harder to prove you are an asset and indispensible part of the team. You could also start to look for another job. The surest way to defeat anxiety is to take action.
Let the truth be told, there are many situations in your life you can change with some effort. If you have anxiety about your weight or concern about the health risk of too much weight, change it. You know what you have to do to shed those unwanted pounds – a healthy diet and regular exercise Little by little those unwanted pounds will fade away.
By identifying the root of your anxiety and developing ways to turn them into something positive, you can often overcome them
Here are some tips and techniques to help you manage your anxiety:
- Identify the root. Write down exactly what’s causing your anxiety and then make a note of how you can change the outcome. It helps to know what you are up against and it’s the key to feeling better about yourself and current situation.
- Take deep breaths. Once you have note of the things you need to change, sit back and take a deep breath. This relaxation technique can help you calm your heart rate and give you some peace of mind.
- Visualize the change. Began to visualize yourself in your ideal situation. Notice the calm feeling you have and visualize letting go of your worries. Think about the happy feeling that will come once your source of stress has been deminished. Positive visualization can help you move towards positive changes in your life.
- Use positive affirmation. Repeating positive affirmation will help you gain control when things get tough and out of control. Reaffirming positive thoughts repeatedly can help you believe that anything is possible.
- Healthy living. Diet and exercise can physically help you handle stress and anxiety. The stronger the body is the stronger the mind is. Take good care of your body and it will take care of you.
- Seek support. Talk to someone that has been in similar situations. Let your family and friends become your support system. Seek help of professionals – life coaches, counselors or even psychologists can do wonders to help get rid of anxiety.
Anxieties are a part of everyday living. Choosing to take a stand to manage them is what makes the difference. Don’t let anxiety control you. Let anxiety and worries know that you are in charge.
I am a certified Master Personal Growth Coach. I have been coaching women for 6 years in the area of personal growth dealing with self-esteem, self-image and self-confidence. My goal is to help women achieve their dreams and live life to the fullest. www.thetotalmakeover.com